Skip to content

My Stanford degree information is incorrect in my alumni profile, but I cannot update it. How can I fix it?

Certain profile fields cannot be updated by you online. One type is your Stanford degree information. If you find an error in this information, please see below.



If you find an error in your Stanford degree information, please contact the Stanford Records Office at or (650) 725-4336.

Your requested changes will be transmitted to the University Registrar for verification, and pending the outcome of this step may be changed in our central alumni database by our staff. The data would then migrate to the online Alumni Directory, and the change would then be visible in your Profile. This process could take up to 4-5 business days.

However, you can modify your social class year. To modify your social class year,

  1. First, please log in to your SAA account. If you are unable to log in, please visit our help with the site login.
  2. Hover your mouse over the my Stanford tab and select My Profile.
  3. Click on the Education tab.
  4. Click on the Edit button in the Stanford Degrees section.
  5. Modify the social class year as needed.
  6. Click on the Save button to save your changes. Cancel will not save any of your changes.


  • You are free to update any degrees you have received from other institutions in your Profile. To edit that information, click on the Edit button in the Other Degrees section under the Education tab. Remember to click on Save to save your changes.